Updated: Jul 23
Reach Out is Hiring a Project Manager
About Reach Out Cameroon
Reach Out NGO is a local, woman-led not-for-profit organization, headquartered in Buea, in the South-West Region of Cameroon.
Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people using a community-centered approach. We have ongoing projects in Cameroon, in North-East Nigeria and the Kivu region of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Reach Out operates through3 main programmatic areas;
Health: Being the pioneer department of the organization, the health department strives to ensure that communities adopt a positive and health seeking behavior for improved quality of life. It also seeks to increased access to essential needs (medical, nutritional, and psychosocial support), for women, children, vulnerable persons and remote communities.
Human Rights and Governance: The Human Rights and Governance Department’s key focus is on rights advocacy for women and children, peace building and mediation, activism against gender-based violence using conflict sensitive and survivor centered approaches, protection and the rule of law. It The department also emphasizes on organizational capacity strengthening and support for local governance and regional and local authorities. Youth empowerment and engagement in civic responsibility while promoting positive masculinities and human rights monitoring.
Wealth Creation: The Wealth Creation Department of Reach Out Cameroon has the main goal to improve household incomes of vulnerable women through the establishment of micro-projects, sustainable agriculture and micro-credit operations so that beneficiaries are self-reliant in their communities. Generally, beneficiaries include: school dropout, single mothers, internally displaced women, persons living with HIV and persons living with disabilities.
Reach Out Cameroon is looking for a Project Manager for its Human Rights and Governance department, within the framework of the project titled “Youth and Disability Inclusion in Local Governance in the South West Region of Cameroon” This project aims to strengthen the capacity of young persons with disabilities aged 18-35 years to increase their effective participation in Local Governance of the Municipal Councils of Ekondo-Titi and Idenau.
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of the Project Supervisor.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The project will cover the Idenau and Ekondo-Titi local councils, in the South West Region of Cameroon.
Duration of project
The project will run for a period of ten months (10) starting July 15th, 2022 to May 14th, 2023.
- Develop the project schedule and plan to ensure timely completion of the project and advise of any obstacles or resource needs that may affect completion of the project as planned.
- Communicate project goals, monitor project progress, and adjust resources as necessary to keep the project on track.
- Apply project management tools and tracking systems to manage all aspects of project progress.
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation.
- Alongside the communication Officer, design and ensure the dissemination of visibility tools for the project.
- Assemble the project team, identify competencies, and assign resources to develop tasks appropriate to each individual’s knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Follow project’s security protocols and Standard Operational Procedures.
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders about the project and Reach Out’s background and purpose.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
Educational and Experience
- Masters in Project Management, Peace Building or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience working in Peace Building and Social Cohesion projects.
-2 years’ experience in emergency project implementation.
- Knowledge of MS windows and MS office packages (Excel, word, PowerPoint).
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Excellent communication skills: Clear and concise writing and verbal communication in English and Pidgin languages.
-Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to details.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV with at least 2 references and a Cover letter to the email: email@example.com on or before Sunday, 31st, July, 2022. Incomplete applications or applications after the deadline will not be accepted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.