Reach Out is Hiring a Regional Field Supervisor
About Reach Out Cameroon
Reach Out NGO is a local, woman-led not-for-profit organization, headquartered in Buea, in the South-West Region of Cameroon.
Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people using a community-centered approach. We have ongoing projects in Cameroon, in North-East Nigeria and the Kivu region of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Reach Out operates through3 main programmatic areas;
Health: Being the pioneer department of the organization, the health department strives to ensure that communities adopt a positive and health seeking behavior for improved quality of life. It also seeks to increased access to essential needs (medical, nutritional, and psychosocial support), for women, children, vulnerable persons and remote communities.
Human Rights and Governance: The Human Rights and Governance Department’s key focus is on rights advocacy for women and children, peace building and mediation, activism against gender-based violence using conflict sensitive and survivor centered approaches, protection and the rule of law. It The department also emphasizes on organizational capacity strengthening and support for local governance and regional and local authorities. Youth empowerment and engagement in civic responsibility while promoting positive masculinities and human rights monitoring.
Wealth Creation: The Wealth Creation Department of Reach Out Cameroon has the main goal to improve household incomes of vulnerable women through the establishment of micro-projects, sustainable agriculture and micro-credit operations so that beneficiaries are self-reliant in their communities. Generally, beneficiaries include: school dropout, single mothers, internally displaced women, persons living with HIV and persons living with disabilities.
Reach Out Cameroon is looking for a Regional Field Supervisor for its Peace House, within the framework of the project titled “Promoting WPS through a culture of Peace and Social Cohesion in Cameroon” funded by Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOP), Global Affairs Canada. The project aims to increase the participation of grassroots women and young adult women from 40 conflict-affected communities of the North West, South West, Littoral, and West Regions of Cameroon in peacebuilding initiatives at community, regional and national levels.
The Regional Field Supervisor will work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The project will cover 40 communities of the North West, South West, Littoral and West Regions.
Duration of project
The project will run for a period of twenty-four months (24) from July 5th, 2022 to June 30th, 2024.
- Assist the Project Manager in planning, designing and implementing project activities.
- Conduct supervision visits in collaboration with the project manager and ensure timely reports are done on project activities in the assigned region.
- Assist the Project Manager in the assigned region to ensure the achievement of project objectives and indicators that are aligned with the WPS agenda within the target Regions.
- Support the functioning of the 30 peace hubs within the target Regions.
- Assist in the organization of Divisional and Regional peace tables within the project target communities.
- Support the Project manager in ensuring that project data are collected and timely entered at the regional level.
- In collaboration with the Project manager, act as primary project contact to key public-private stakeholders involved in addressing all project matters in the assigned region.
Educational and Experience
- Masters in Peace Building, Conflict and Resolution or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience working in Peace Building and Social Cohesion projects.
-Knowledge of participatory Governance approaches.
- Knowledge of MS windows and MS office packages (Excel, word, PowerPoint).
-Relevant experience working in the designated project areas.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Have supervision, coaching and mentoring capacities.
- Be good in planning, organizing, influencing and persuading others.
- Have strong team working abilities with possibilities of working independently.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should their CV with at least 2 references and a Cover letter to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, 7th September, 2022. Incomplete applications or applications after the deadline will not be accepted.